Sunday, March 23, 2014

Our Top 10

HAPPY SPRING!  Except not.  Because it's still much below spring temperatures in my book as in "MILLIE!  HURRY UP AND PEE IT'S COLD OUT HERE!" gets said EVERY time I have to take her outside.  But I think {and hope and have all fingers and toes crossed} that all chances of indoor recess due to cold are well behind me.  And THAT, my friends, is news to get excited about!

Speaking of school, and this will be the only mention of it I promise, check out what one of my little friends wrote.  I know that most people are completely unaware of why it's so special, but this kid hates to write, usually has things crossed out instead of erased all over the place, and could care less if things are spelled correctly.  {Or first grade correct at least!}  This child was SO PROUD of their work and it meant so much to me!  Plus it's nice to have a little feel good every so often.  And in case you're confused, they're in 1st grade.  Which is good to know since in November they were still convinced they were in Kindergarten.



Ok, keeping up with the Joneses.  I was thinking our life has been pretty boring lately and not much to keep up with, but I was actually able to come up with a few fun things we've done.  So, here it is.  Our top 10...or however many pictures I actually come up with.  And really not in order of our "top", just in order of what what happened first.

1.  CHRISTMAS JAMMIES!  I think it's become a tradition now that we all get Christmas Jammies.  I know you're jealous.  And don't even think for one minute that those are just for fun.  I wear those on a regular basis.  They're SO WARM!  All was good until I was wearing my shark footies and a politician came to the door to campaign.  Our shades were open so I had to open the door.  In. My. Sharks.  The guy actually laughed at me!  OUT LOUD!  I'm not sure if that means I should or shouldn't vote for him.  New rule:  footie pajamas are only for after dark.

2.  Paul went to the Packer game in below zero temps looking like the Michelin Man's long-lost-Packer-loving-cousin.  No frost bite, just sad fans after a playoff loss.

3.  We had date night at Union South.  The rock climbing wall is SUPER FUN!  And slightly terrifying.  Especially when you realized just how far you've monkey climbed your way up there and aren't confident the rope will keep you from falling to your death.  But, everyone landed safely and we had a lot of fun.

4.  The Children's Museum had adult swim night for Valentine's Day.  It was an awkward mix of Valentine's Day haters there to make voodoo dolls {no joke} and those who had only been dating 2 weeks and weren't afraid to show their affection for each other.  Paul and I fit in neither of those 2 groups!  But, when there's a hamster wheel you have no choice but to have fun!  I've taken classes there for field trips and am always SO JEALOUS of the kids.  Dreams. Come. True.

5.  We had sibling fun day instead of exchanging Christmas presents.  We spent our day at Dave and Buster's where Hope and I both got the bonus on the Frogger game!  1,000 tickets EACH on only our second try!  WOOOOHOOOO!!!  Marshmallow shooter and glasses with windshield wipers here we come!  Somehow Paul withheld the information that had we pooled our tickets together we could have gotten the giant stuffed monkey.  I just can't understand why he didn't tell us that.

6.  Did you know that Nitty Gritty has brunch?!?!  I did not.  HOW did I miss this all of these years???  Yum, yum, yum!  Those mini donuts taste just like the ones at the fair!  {And cost half as much - bonus!}  Had we not been a little pressed for time you had better believe I would have been ordering that $14 Bloody Mary that comes with a cheeseburger on top.  Next time.

7.  Apparently our fat dog now brings her food in the car.  Obviously she has a rough life.  {This was NOT my idea!}

Shoot, that was only 7 and not 10.  Oh well.  Wait!  I found another.


8.  Anyone who knows Paul's grandpa knows how funny this is.  He has 2 TVs permanently installed in his living room.  Paul definitely channeled his inner Grandpa Jim yesterday to make sure he could watch both the Badger basketball and hockey games.  When I asked him what the H*&# he did to the living room he told me, "I made it better."  No.  No you did not.

9.  I've been spring cleaning like a crazy person around here.  Closets are getting organized, showers and floors are getting scrubbed, cars are getting cleaned.  Because I know you could care less about the inside of our closets I'll spare you the before and after pictures.  Just know that no matter what Paul tells you they ARE better than they were before and it was TOTALLY necessary to buy all of those dollar store baskets to put stuff in.  I no longer have things falling on my head when I open the closet doors.  

10.  Spring cleaning is all in preparation for spring break next week.  I want to have some fun over break and not spend the whole time cleaning.  By fun I mean lay on the couch.  Maybe switch it up and stay in bed past 6:00 am.  Spring break means SPRING which means Easter which means JELLY BEANS!!  Yum!

Hey!  We made it to 10!  Oh, and did you notice I changed our blog a bit?  I know it's not that impressive and nowhere near as cool as what {expensive} professionals can do, but for not knowing what the heck I'm doing I'm pretty darn proud of myself.  Have a GREAT week!





No comments:

Post a Comment